What is EdCamp NoVA?
EdCamp NoVA is a new and exciting way to interact with peers to leverage our collective knowledge. This is a day to tackle your challenges, and develop new strategies alongside your peers. You’ll connect with others during informal focused conversations on topics of mutual interest and value to you. EdCamp NoVA offers fixed unconference sessions based on ideas generated by the group.
How does it work?
Do you have an idea you want to explore or share? We will be providing information spaces to share experiences and have conversations about the topics generated by all upon arrival in the morning. You will see a blank session board, and all of you will fill this board with topics of interest to you. During our Welcome message, we’ll be behind the scenes building a schedule based on the topics generated. You will know what conversations are happening and where to do by using this website. Simply find the room where there is a topic of interest to you and join in the campfire style conversations happening in the room. Too many to choose from, don’t worry! Each room has an associated Camp Notes page linked off of our schedule so you can browse through notes from other rooms. Just click a time slot on the left and you’ll see them. All participants have edit rights to the Camp Notes pages, so if there is something important to you, write it down. It is likely it will be important to others as well.
- The most important rule of an unconference is to vote with your feet. If a discussion is not meeting your needs, simply get up and move on to another discussion, or peel off and start your own!
- It’s all about the conversation, you’ll get out what you put in.
- No presenting.
- Rule of 20 – more than 20 people in the room, split the group in half and find a second location.
- Welcome everyone and their ideas.
- Have fun.
How to get involved:
- Tweet or post on Google+ using hashtag #EdCampNoVA.
- Use this website to find sessions, room numbers and to access and contribute to the minutes.
- Attend and participate in the discussions during all three time slots.